What is the deadline for registering a team?
- Registrations close one week before the competition
- Please be aware that the competition may fill up before this date
- Registrations will close when we reach the maximum number of teams that we can take in each division
How does the registration system work?
- CHeck out the information for your competitions on footballfix.co.nz. Click the register button where you will redirected to our Player Hub
- From here, the Team Organiser registers him/hersel and the team. Once he/she has received his/her username and password by email, the team organiser then logs into the system to register the team’s individual players
Do I need to pay when I register a team?
- Team Organisers need to make sure that a minimum of the deposit has been paid within three days of registering your team, with the entire team entry fee being paid by the start of the competition
- If you are unable to pay your team entry fees by this date you will need to contact us at email@example.com
Do I register individually or do we need to register as a team?
We only accept whole team entries for the Football7s competition
What if I want to my child to play but can’t organise a team?
Send us your details (name, year of birth, and a contact email address or telephone number) and we will add you to our “Players Looking for Teams” database and we will hopefully help you find a suitable team
How many players do I need to enter a team?
For our 7-a-side competitions you need a minimum of 7 players to play, however we recommend that you have either 9 or 10 players. For our 4-a-side competitions you need a minimum of 4 players to play, but we recommend 5 or 6 players
How many players can be used in one game?
- 12 players may be used in any one 7-a-side game, 7 on the pitch at any one time (one of whom is to be designated as the goalkeeper and wearing a distinctly coloured shirt) and 5 rolling substitutes
- 7 players may be used in any one 4 a side game, 4 on the pitch (all of whom are outfield) and 3 rolling subs
Can I register a team of both boys and girls?
Mixed teams are welcome! All girls playing in the mixed junior & youth grades are automatically able to play one grade below their age
Team Organiser Registration Information
Who can be my Team Organiser?
- The “Team Organiser” is the key contact person for the team. This is usually a parent or a coach
- He/she is responsible for registering the team, registering the players and arranging payment of the entry fee. All communications re team matters will be to the Team Organiser
What information will the Team Organiser need to register a team?
- A Team Organiser will need the name of the team, the names, email addresses and a contact telephone number for each player to be registered in the team
- The Team Organiser will also be required (as part of the initial registration) to select the appropriate grade for the team to enter
- Please refer to the appropriate sections below to make sure the team is entered in the correct grade
How do I pay my teams registration fees?
You can either pay by bank transfer or online credit card. Please note there is 4% charge to use credit cards
How do the grades work?
Grades operate as they do for winter 11-a-side football. As an example, players that have turned 10 or are turning 10 this year will be 10th grade
Can I have any over-age players in my team?
No over-age players will be allowed unless cleared by the competition managers
Can I have younger players in my team?
Yes, in all junior/youth grades players may play up one grade but no more unless parental consent is received and approved by the league manager in writing
How does the Team Organiser add/change/delete players from the team?
- Once a Team Organiser has registered and received his/her username and password he/she can login to the system
- Simply select the player login option from the top right menu bar on the home page of the website
- Then select My Teams and then View Existing Players button
How long has the Team Organiser got to enter all his players into the database?
All team members must be registered in the system before the start of the competition
Can the Team Organiser change the name of a team?
Yes, just email us with details of your current team name and the new one you wish to use
How can I check that I have correctly registered my team?
You will receive confirmation via an email. You will also need to complete a verification step (which will be contained in the body of that email) to complete your registration process
Does my team need a kit?
Yes, all the field players need to wear a minimum of the same colour tops. If two teams have the same colour tops we will supply bibs.
Does the goalkeeper need to wear a different colour top?
Yes. A bib will be provided if there is a colour clash with the opposition field players.
Can I wear football boots?
Yes. Football boots (without metal studs) or astro shoes must be worn.
What other safety equipment do I need to wear?
We strongly recommend that every player wears shin pads and long socks, however this is not compulsory and it is understood that Football7s will take no responsibility for injuries caused by the non-wearing of shin pads
Am I allowed to wear any form of jewellery?
No jewellery is to be worn.
Who supplies the match ball?
We will supply all the necessary match equipment.
What rules and regulations govern Football7s matches?
All matches should be played with enjoyment, participation and respect for all as the key objectives.
How long does each season last?
The season runs for 9 x weeks in term 4
How many teams in each division?
Generally there are either 6, 8 or 10 teams in each division. However, this may vary depending on registrations.
How long are the games?
Each game lasts 2 x 15 minutes for 6/7 grade, and 38 minutes for 8th+ grade.
What time will my matches start?
Kick off times for the leagues may vary from week to week. Below is an approximate guide based on previous year’s however it does depend on how many teams register in each grade
Tuesdays at College Rifles
- 4:10pm – 11th & 12th grade
- 4:50pm – 12th & 13th grade
- 5:30pm – 13th & 14th grade
- 6:10pm – 14th & 15th grade
- 6:50pm – 16th & 17th grade
Wednesdays at Michaels Ave
- 4pm – 8th grade
- 4:40pm – 9th grade
- 5:30pm – 10th grade
How can I find out when my matches are scheduled to start?
All draws will be published on our website. Just click on the Fixtures & Results tab at the top of the home page and find your grade and division from the dropdown options
Will our game be cancelled if it rains?
No. All games will be played as we only use artificial pitches. Games will not be cancelled unless weather conditions are extreme (e.g. thunder & lightning)
How will I find out if my match is cancelled?
In the unlikely event that matches have to be cancelled we will contact team organisers by email and/or text message.
What happens if the opposition team does not turn up?
Should a team fail to turn up, or not be ready to start (i.e. with the minimum permitted number of 5 players) within 7 minutes of the scheduled start time they will forfeit the game. We will endeavour to arrange a friendly game if possible.
Will there be a referee?
Yes, a Football7s referee will be supplied for all games.
Will cautions and/or red cards be issued?
It’s not something we like to do in our junior & youth competitions, however if necessary the referee may use cards to discipline a player.
For a full breakdown of our disciplinary procedure please see our rules page
Are there any prizes?
Yes, medals will be awarded to divisional and grade winners. These will presented at the prizegiving which immediately follows the end of your competition. In order to be eligible for a prize your team must attend the prizegiving.
Are there changing facilities?
Yes, there are changing facilities for both men and women.
Will there be refreshments available?
There is a café and licensed bar on site at some of the venues.
These facilities will be open for use during the scheduled playing times for all league matches.